Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stepping into YouTube

Wow, busy day today.  I decided last night that I wanted to put something together and make a YouTube video trailer for my novel The Exiled.  Now, in all honesty, book trailers are not the most popular things on YouTube, in my experience.  And if you've read my other blogs, you know that I am certainly no Picasso... even though I can draw a mean stick figure with a big round head.

But I made the decision to give it a try, and spent most of last night coming up with what I wanted to do.  Needless to say, halfway through the day today, that idea got tossed out the window because it just didn't feel right.  The basics remained the same, but I'm pleased to say I like the end result far better than I think I could have made the original idea.

And in the process I found that in some ways it was very much like writing.  A need to want everything to flow right, and of course trying to be a perfectionist (yes, even though this is my first attempt at making a book trailer video!)

So without further ado, I give you the book trailer for The Exiled.














 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment