Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cutting My Teeth

I feel like an infant learning to walk for the first time.  In the past week, I've begun several new journeys in my writing career.  It's been a little overwhelming to be honest.  I've started on Twitter @ScottBorgman and this is my first blog.  In addition I've published the final book in my Exiled trilogy on http://www.smashwords.com/

Over this past week, I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about where my journey has gone so far, and what the future holds for it.  The past year or so has been a learning experience, and continues to be.  When I started writing, it was with one hope in mind: that my writing would reach out and touch people all over the world.  I've found throughout the past year that writing isn't enough, however.  Marketing my work, getting my name out there, requires so much more effort than I realized.

But I've had help.  I haven't been taking these first steps alone.  I've had so much support, from readers to artists to other authors, that I can't even begin to mention everyone that I am so grateful to.  Not that I don't want to, but because I'm afraid that I would forget to mention someone, so I will simply give my most heartfelt thank you to all of those people who have helped hold me up with these first steps and continue to stand beside me with their continued support.

I'm still learning, and I expect the look of my blog page will go through some changes.  It's defiantly going to be a challenge, but I look forward to it.  I'm sure there's going to be trips and falls along the way, but like every infant learning to walk, I'll get right back up and keep attempting those steps.  And with the support of so many of you, those first steps will become easier and easier, until I'm no longer simply learning to walk on this path, but running on it, with each of you beside me.  And for that, there are no words that can possibly express how grateful I am to each and every one of you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment