Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Birthday Message

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish a Happy Birthday to someone very close to my heart, my youngest son, Cameron James Borgman.



Cameron James Borgman
7/26/07 - 10/18/10

Almost four years ago, Cami received his angel wings.  He would have been 7 today.  And though I and my family miss him more than anything, we are grateful for the short time that we had him in our lives.

Cami taught me that life is so precious, and so often we take even that simple miracle for granted.  We often define our lives by what we can get, but our lives are enriched and made extraordinary by what we can give back, what we can do for others.

It is for that reason that I feel so strongly about the Library Campaign I am running.  But it is not only my campaign.  It is all of ours - yours and mine.  Your shares on Facebook, your retweets on Twitter, and of course your purchases of my books on Amazon all help this campaign.

I know Cami is proud of me for following my childhood dream to be an author.  And I am proud of him - and of each and every one of you who chooses to help such an important campaign with your shares, retweets, and your purchases.

Life isn't about what we can get, how big our homes are, how fancy our cars, or how much we make.  It's about making a difference in the lives of others.  It took the loss of someone very close to my heart to see that.  That is why I want this campaign to succeed.  The new library will make a real difference in the lives of countless people, which means we will make a difference in the lives of countless people.  And that is something we can all be proud of.

Please take a moment to read my Special Announcement blog (July 13, 2014), and help support such an important cause.  Thank you, everyone.  I am truly proud of each and every one of you.


All My Best,
Scott A. Borgman

No comments:

Post a Comment