Sunday, July 13, 2014

*** Special Announcement ***

This is a very special blog for me, one that I've been looking forward to writing with excitement and anticipation.  As an author, I have the privilege of being able to reach out to people all around the world.  Now, I want to take that one step further.

In the area where I live, there is currently a project running to raise money needed for building a new library.  I want to help out, and being an author gives me such an amazing opportunity to do so that I simply cannot pass up the chance to give something back.  One of the most fulfilling things in life is not what we can get, after all - it is what we can give.

My latest digital fantasy novel, Darkness and Dragons, Volume I, will be going live on Amazon within a matter of days, on July 15th.  In conjunction with that novel, I am running a campaign where a portion of the sales will be donated to the library project.

From July 15th, 2014 to August 31st, 2014, I will be tracking my sales on Amazon.  All of my books will be included in this campaign, not just the new release.  Those books are:


The Exiled


The Exiled: Continuation


The Exiled: Infinity


Province of a Thief


Darkness and Dragons, Volume I



Here is a breakdown of how this will work:  For every digital book sale in the Exiled trilogy, $1 will go toward the donation fund, which is a little under 50% of what I receive.  For each digital book sale of Province of a Thief, it will be $1.25 (about 51%).  And for every digital book sale of Darkness and Dragons, Volume I, $1.50 will go to the donation (just under 55%).

During the time while I'm running this campaign, I'll keep everyone updated through Twitter and my Facebook Author page with how much will be donated, along with the link to this blog.  So if you're on Twitter, follow me @ScottBorgman and give me a like on my Facebook Author page at (www.facebook.com/saborgman).

This is where I need your help: Retweet, share my Author page on your own Facebook pages, and of course, pick up a digital copy of one or more of the books!  While I certainly hope you enjoy reading them, the goal of this campaign is focused on donating a healthy portion of those book sales to the library project.

I've been in touch with the library's Director, a wonderful lady named Lori.  I'd like to take this opportunity to give a personal thank you to her for providing me with the information about the library project, and where they're currently at.  Right now, the library project still needs just under $2mil in order to reach it's projected goal.

Below is a link to the library project.  Please take a few minutes to take a look at it.  There are several other links on that page as well that will give you in-depth information on the plans and goals for the library.  One of those links in particular is the Case Statement, which I highly recommend taking time to look at.  Here is the link:

http://mplcc.marshfieldlibrary.org/

In all honesty, I would be ecstatic for my campaign to go viral.  I truly believe our lives are defined not by what we can get, but what we can do for others.  In this day, when technology is such a large part of our lives, when our kids are spending more time staring at the TV, playing video games, and texting, I believe libraries are needed now more than ever.  Books have evolved from traditional to digital, and the library must evolve as well to meet the changes.

I'm honored to have such an amazing opportunity.  Please, follow me on Twitter and my Author Page on Facebook so you can stay updated on how the campaign is going.  Share the link to this blog on your own Facebook pages, tweet the link to your own followers.  And of course, from July 15th to Aug. 31st, head on over to Amazon and pick up a digital copy of one or more of my books.

I'd love to help the library get closer to reaching their goal.  Okay, I'd love to be able to not just get them closer to their goal, but to reach it.  Is that hoping for something that seems impossible?  I don't think so.  With your help, I believe it can be done.

Every tweet and every share that links to this blog helps, and every digital book sale on Amazon will get a little bit closer to the library project's goal.  Ultimately, that's what this is all about - giving something back.

My deepest thanks to each of you.
 

All My Best,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment