Monday, August 17, 2015

A Family in Need

Anyone who has visited my blog knows I'm not much of a blogger. I tend to blog only when I feel very strongly about something. So let me get right to the point. I want to ask you for your help.

Karli Rush has recently suffered one of the hardest things that life can throw at us. She has lost her husband. Her children have lost their father. This particular story strikes me very close to my heart because I know exactly what she's going through right now. I'd gone down a similar road almost 5 years ago with the loss of my youngest son. Because of my own personal experience, my heart is literally crying for her and her family right now. The link at the end of this blog will detail her story and situation.

Anyone who has ever gone through something like this knows what I'm talking about. I don't need to detail any of the emotions, nor speak about the literal waterfalls of tears that I know from experience, Karli has already shed - or the countless others that have yet to fall. I've shed more than a few tears already after hearing about what's happened, and I don't doubt I will shed many more in the coming days for her and her children.


Five dollars. That is what I'm asking for Karli. Five dollars from you, donated to the giveforward fundraiser that has been set up for her.

Five dollars in itself may seem like a drop in the pond, a tiny ripple that makes no difference. But add another drop. And another. And another. Add a thousand drops, two thousand, five thousand.

A single drop may cause merely a ripple, but enough drops in the pond can cause a flood. It's a combined effort. Each little drop adds up. It's giving up very little, nothing so much that it will truly be missed, in exchange for helping out a complete stranger.

I don't know Karli. I've never met her. But she's a person who has lost someone close to her suddenly, unexpectedly. Like the rest of us, she's a human being, which makes her family to each and every one of us. And family helps each other out when they're in need.

Below, you'll find the link to the giveforward fundraiser for Karli. I'm asking you to please go to the link, click on the DONATE button, and in the box, donate five dollars (the minimum amount)... more if you are able to, but at least the five dollar minimum.

Five dollars CAN make a difference, if enough drops go into that pond. The goal for Karli is $5000. I think we can do much better than that, if we all work together as a family and each donate even the minimum amount.

Life isn't about what you can get, but what you can give. It's about holding each other up through the worst of times and being a single drop of water in the pond that adds with others to create that flood. Five dollars will not be missed by any of us, but together we can help Karli, and take away some of the monetary worry that she's facing while she tries to come to grips with her loss.

To Karli, if you ever read this, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that in some small way, I have been able to help, and that others will add their own drop to the pond as I have done.


Tearfully,

Scott A. Borgman


1 comment: