Thursday, August 6, 2015

Rebirth of the Exiled trilogy

I've been writing for close to 5 years now, and in that time I've put out several different works. A collection of poetry. A short work detailing my initial journey to becoming an Indie author. (both of those are available for free on Smashwords, so please don't hesitate to grab them! http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ScottBorgman)

My main focus of course has been fantasy, and consists of the three Tal'Avern Chronicles books, with the fourth and final book in that series being started soon. Those are available exclusively on Amazon. Link to my Author page there: http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Borgman/e/B00KROBR4W

If you click on that however, you'll notice three other books which make up the Exiled trilogy. Until now, I haven't really mentioned them much, nor have I promoted them. About a month ago, I was actually considering unpublishing them. But not wanting to make any rash decisions, I asked opinions from my fellow Indies, and got an overwhelming response to keep them active.

So I decided if I were going to keep them up, I should read through them again. I've grown much more critical of my work over the past few years, and that pretty much demanded that they get overhauled, which I did over the past month or so, 7 days a week, 12+ hours a day (one of those was 19 hours... sorry babe!) until they were where I expect them to be.

With their 'rebirth' so to speak, I feel I need to give some of the backstory to them. First and foremost, they now fall under the Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance genres, and are recommended for 18+ due to strong language, violence, and sexual content.

Originally, the trilogy was written with one purpose in mind: To tell an interesting story with real lessons woven within it. That has not changed, nor will it. They're lessons that I hope will be passed on, lessons that took the loss of my youngest son, Cameron, on Oct. 18, 2010 when he was only 3 years old in order for me to learn. I can't help but wonder even today if that was the reason all along why Cami was given his wings, so that I would write the Exiled trilogy.

There's a deeper meaning behind the books, behind the story. You'll find it within the pages. And maybe the reason why I never really mentioned them before or promoted them was because when I wrote them initially, they were written during a time when I was trying to come to grips with the piece of my heart that had been broken. Maybe I needed time to let the pain dull and turn into the desire that I now have to write for the enjoyment of others, until I was ready to go back and write them at the level I expect of myself now which I didn't back then.

One of the main themes in the Exiled trilogy is that there is a veil that covers the world which hides the truth behind it. In that respect, the books have their own veil. All one needs to do is look behind it to find the true meaning, the purpose, and the lessons within the pages. Lessons that I learned from a 3 year old boy who I miss with all my heart, but who I honor and who I hope is proud of me with every word I write.

The Exiled (book 1)  www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9NO5U8/
The Exiled: Continuation (book 2)  www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9O95FC/
The Exiled: Infinity (book 3)  www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9Q1TKE/









1 comment:

  1. I admire your courage. Parents should not have to bury their child.

    I, too, have grown more critical of my own writing and am redoing my first book. The support of Indie authors for one another is huge and I'm glad we are part of it.

    ReplyDelete